Trailer Mash 09-14-12From 'Finding Nemo 3D' to 'The Master,' new movies judged solely on their previews
- 1 of 6
Finding Nemo 3D
See all of this week's opening movies in a 60-second mashup here.
Returning from the soothing and simpler year of our lord 2003 (when all we had to worry about was the invasion of Iraq, Israeli warplane attacks on Syria, and the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor of California) is Finding Nemo. Albert Brooks does a lovely job voicing the fish chasing his lost son, and as his dimwit chum, Ellen DeGeneres just about manages to get away with repeating the gag about having a seven-second memory every seven seconds. Effortlessly genius animation by Pixar, of course, and perhaps the only truly great seagull joke in cinema history. But seriously, does it need to be in 3-D? Every binocular human on earth detests 3-D cinema. Even the little ones. Extracting nostalgia cash is fine, Disney, but the 3-D is a self-defeating excuse.
- Victoria Taylor Reflects on Her Time at Reddit and Life at the Center of a Media Maelstrom
- Former Subway Spokesman Jared Fogle Allegedly Paid to Have Sex With 16-Year-Old
- Here's How Bud Light Designed 200,000 Different Colorful Cans for Music Festivalgoers
- 30 Creatives Whose Smart, Funny and Innovative Work Keeps Advertising Interesting
- Man Shaves Beard Off After 14 Years, and Family Reacts in Shock, in Remarkable Razor Ad