The 20 Biggest Brand Fails of 2012A shameful roundup of the year's most humiliating marketing blunders
The vodka brand was deluged with angry comments after posting this rapey ad on Facebook in March. Belvedere president Charles Gibb made this statement in response to the incident at the time:
"My name is Charles Gibb and I am the President of Belvedere Vodka. I would like to personally apologize for the offensive post that recently appeared on our Facebook page.
It should never have happened. I am currently investigating the matter to determine how this happened and to be sure it never does so again. The content is contrary to our values and we deeply regret this lapse.
As an expression of our regret over this matter we have made a donation to RAINN (America's largest anti-sexual violence organization)."
- Why the Perfect Modern Creative Is Fierce, Fearless and Female
- Ad of the Day: Leica Recreates 35 Famous Photos to Celebrate a Century of Photography
- Viagra Airs Its First Ad Featuring Only a Woman, and She Gets Right to the Point
- Citizen Flies Westward, Chasing an Endless Sunset, in Global Campaign From W+K
- Ad of the Day: New York City Is Dying in Y&R's Gorgeous Organ Donor PSA