The 20 Biggest Brand Fails of 2012A shameful roundup of the year's most humiliating marketing blunders
The vodka brand was deluged with angry comments after posting this rapey ad on Facebook in March. Belvedere president Charles Gibb made this statement in response to the incident at the time:
"My name is Charles Gibb and I am the President of Belvedere Vodka. I would like to personally apologize for the offensive post that recently appeared on our Facebook page.
It should never have happened. I am currently investigating the matter to determine how this happened and to be sure it never does so again. The content is contrary to our values and we deeply regret this lapse.
As an expression of our regret over this matter we have made a donation to RAINN (America's largest anti-sexual violence organization)."
- E-Mail Marketing Coordinator Guilford Press New York, NY
- Marketing Manager, Content and Communications nyteducation: The School of The New York Times New York, NY
- Web Producer, Branded Content New York Media New York, NY
- L.A. Editorial Manager DailyMail.com Venice, CA
- Marketing Manager, New Business Smithsonian Media New York, NY
- 3 Ad Campaigns That Got So Big, They Annoyed the Hell Out of Consumers
- Ad of the Day: Everyday Moments Go From Boring to Badass With This U.K. Energy Drink
- How a Web Series About Tradition Helped a Beer Brand Reach Millennials
- 9 Interesting and Fun Digital Marketing Stats From the Past Week
- Ad of the Day: Droga5's Clever Energy Ad Lets People Choose Their Fuel Source