Earlier this week, ReadyMade magazine held its first “Celebrate Design” event at Cooper Classic Cars on Perry Street. Those who attended sampled chocolates from Taza, sipped cocktails and were treated to music and original art. Guests are also invited to participate in a silent auction, with proceeds benefiting the Americans for the Arts Action Fund.
Artists whose works were featured at the event include :
- Daniel Mihalik (www.danielmichalik.com) – Daniel uses underutilized, unconventional materials like cork to create chairs, dishes, benches and more.
- Robin Antar (www.rantar.com/) – Robin’s “realism in stone” sculptures include m&m’s, Diesel jeans and a No. 2 pencil.
- Carol Quint (www.carolquint.com) – Carol’s process involves creating, recycling and reconstruction results in sculptures, photographs and etchings.
- Justin Gignac (www. justingignac.com) – Justin’s work includes sculptures using NYC garbage and a series of paintings titled “Wants for Sale” – He and his wife paint things that they want, then sell the painting for the price of the real item.
- UM Project (www.umproject.com/um_home.html) – The UM Project specializes furniture and interiors