We don’t feature too many jobs for artists and designers on this site, so here’s an attempt to rectify it with a “Help Wanted” ad for a site that makes just gorgeous stuff.
A la Carte Maps sells hand-drawn maps of tourist destinations with locals’ tips for where to go and what to see once you get there.
The company’s currently looking for freelance artists to expand their roster of cities.
The company told us that they’re pretty flexible on what they’re seeking:
- all design styles welcome
- can work wherever, whenever and however they wish to… as long as they meet our deadlines
- must be 100% reliable
- must have their own computer & internet access/phone
- must be able to communicate comfortably in (spoken + written) english
- must be able to work with InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator CS4 (or at least CS3)
- we look for people that are passionate about what they do. people that strive for excellence. people that are flexible and willing to go the extra mile
- humor & love for traveling = plus!
Interested artists should send a portfolio and application to jobs(at)alacartemaps(dot)com.