David Carr, who died late last night at 58, was a giant among media reporters. His weekly New York Times column was a must read in era when very few pieces qualify as such. Even when we disagreed with Carr, he presented a point of view that demanded attention and respect.
In our own little way, FishbowlNY wanted to honor Carr by highlighting some of our favorite columns. Below are just a few.
- Flocking to buy Charlie Hebdo, Citizens Signal Their Support of Free Speech
- Both Hero and Villain, and Irresistible
- Calling Out Bill Cosby’s Media Enablers, Including Myself
- AOL Chief’s White Whale Finally Slips His Grasp
- The Pressure to be the TV News Leader Tarnishes a Big Brand
- When Reporters Become Targets, War Coverage is Reduced to a Stream of Videos