According to the Nielsen Company, an estimated 2.1 million (with a 10.5 rating) saw the Giants beat the Redskins. However, moments before its conclusion the Packers won, dashing the Giants hopes.
Fox’s football post-game show The OT was sixth (918,000/4.5).
Even without the NFL lead, 60 Minutes (1.1 million WCBS viewers/5.9) was number three.
Meantime, the league’s first Tuesday night game in decades did well. Postponed from Sunday night due to a blizzard, the game was fourth (1.1 million WNBC viewers/5.6).
Monday Night Football, from December 27, featuring the Saints and Falcons went high on the survey.
The game, broadcast by ESPN, was fifth in New York with 1 million viewers and a 5.0 rating.
This rest of the Top 10 after the jump.
Rounding out the Top 10
- Number 2– Desperate Housewives WABC (1.2 million/6.1).
- Number 7– Kennedy Center Honors WCBS (883,000/4.4)
- *Number 8– Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve (prime time) WABC (854,000/4.2)
- Number 8– CSI: Miami WCBS (841,000/4.2)
- Number 10– Undercover Boss WCBS (837,000/4.1)
One other note, the New Years Day classic– the Rose Bowl cracked the Top 30. Shown on ESPN January 1, the game was 22nd with 550,000, while registering a 2.7 rating.