Alec Baldwin is a self-important baby with anger issues. We know this. But before “bowing out of public life” (which doesn’t really mean anything) via a gigantic New York piece, Baldwin had to remind us of that once again, by ranting and raving about everyone and everything.
Here’s a list of the media people — and media in general — he bashed in the piece:
- Joe Scarborough and Morning Joe: “Morning Joe was boring. Scarborough is neither eloquent nor funny. And merely cranky doesn’t always work well in the morning.”
- Photographers: “Photographers today get right up in your face, my wife’s, my baby’s. They are baiting you. You can tell they want to get into it with you.”
- MSNBC: “The problem with everybody on MSNBC is none of them are funny, although that doesn’t prevent them from trying to be.”
- MSNBC president Phil Griffin: “Couldn’t give a flying fuck about content.”
- Rachel Maddow: “I also think she’s a phony who doesn’t have the same passion for the truth off-camera that she seems to have on the air.”
- The Huffington Post: “Tripe.”
- Anderson Cooper: “The self-appointed Jack Valenti of gay media culture.”
- The media: “Now I loathe and despise the media in a way I did not think possible.”
Regarding that last point? The feeling is mutual, dear Alec.