American Idol remains a rating juggernaut in New York. The talent competition, in its 10th year, once again took the top two positions.
Last week, the 90-minute performance show was number one with an estimated 1.7 million Fox 5/WNYW viewers and an 8.8 rating, according to the Nielsen Company. The Idol results show was second-best for the week (1.6 million/8.2).
Dancing With The Stars kept its usual slots at three and four, with the performance (1.3 million/6.6) and elimination shows (1 million/5.4), on WABC, respectively.
60 Minutes holds fort at number five (796,000/3.9). WCBS is also represented in the Top 10 by Hawaii 5-0 at number nine (698,000/3.5).
The rest of the Top 10 after the jump.
Rounding out the Top 10
- *Fifth Glee WNYW (779,000/3.9)
- *Seventh Body of Proof WABC (734,000/3.6)
- *Seventh Bones WNYW (727,000/3.6)
- *Ninth Celebrity Apprentice WNBC (701,000/3.5)
Other highlights from the Top 30:
- The annual pilgrimage to the biblical classic The Ten Commendments had a 16th-place showing Saturday night on WABC (602,000/3.0).
- The penultimate Steve Carell episode of The Office was 19th on WNBC (525,000/2.6).
- The Yankees cracked the weekly ratings, landing at number 23 for their April 19 game against Toronto. The WWOR broadcast had 488,000 viewers with a 2.4 rating.