Two Grand CLIOs were awarded and prizes were bestowed tonight for agency, advertiser network and production company of the year at the latest edition of the CLIO Awards recognizing worldwide creative excellence in advertising, design and communications.
South African shop TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris scored its second Grand CLIO of this year's competition for "The Trillion Dollar Campaign" backing The Zimbabwean newspaper. Tonight, the work won in the Integrated Campaign category, after winning its first Grand CLIO on Wednesday in the Poster bracket.
Thursday's other Grand CLIO came in the Innovative Media category for JWT Milan, which won for a corporate effort called "Auditorium" on behalf of Heineken.
In addition, these special prizes were awarded:
• Agency of the Year: AlmapBBDO, Sao Paulo.
• Advertiser of the Year: Nike.
• Network of the Year: BBDO Worldwide, New York.
• Production Company of the Year: MJZ, Los Angeles, New York and London.
Also, ad execs Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein were honored with Lifetime Achievement Awards.
The ceremony was held at the Skylight Soho in New York.
The evening's Grand and Gold winners were:
• Jung von Matt AG, Hamburg, Environmental Design, for RWE - Power Leakage.
• Serviceplan, Munich, Annual Reports, for Bang & Olufsen.
CONTENT & CONTACT:
• Heimat, Berlin, Media, "Go Beyond Borders" for CNN International.
• JWT, Melbourne, Public Service, "City GT" for VicRoads.
• Three Drunk Monkeys, Sydney, Public Service, "The Sun Sound" for the Cancer Council.
• Wieden + Kennedy, Portland, Ore., Apparel/Fashion/Footwear, "Nike Livestrong and The Chalkbot" for Nike Livestrong.
• AKQA, Washington, Innovative Use Of Technology, "Virtual Box Simulator" for United States Postal Service.
• Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Boulder, Colo., Innovative Use Of Technology, "Twelpforce" for Best Buy.
• Crispin Porter + Bogusky Europe, Gothenburg, Fresh Approach, "Magical X-mas Cards" for the Swedish Post.
• Definition 6, Atlanta, Viral - Beverages/Non-Alcoholic, "Happiness Machine Video" for Coca-Cola.
• Farfar, Stockholm, Fresh Approach, "The World's Biggest Signpost" for Nokia.
• Tribal DDB, London, Online Games, "Monopoly City Streets" for Hasbro - Monopoly Game Board.
• TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris, Johannesburg, "The Trillion Dollar Campaign" for The Zimbabwean newspaper (Grand CLIO).
• AlmapBBDO, Sao Paulo, "Havaianas Identity" for Havaianas - São Paulo Alpargatas.
• Beghs School of Communication, Stockholm, Student, "Offline" for Norske Skog - Norwegian Forrest Industries.
• Miami Ad School Europe, Hamburg, Student, "The Deathzone" for Greenpeace Energy.
• JWT Milan, Milano, Corporate/Institutional, "Auditorium" for Heineken (Grand CLIO).
• Del Campo Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi, Buenos Aires, Beverages/Alcoholic, "Andes Teletransporter" for Inbev - Andes Beer.
• JWT Japan, Tokyo, Confections/Snacks, "Kit Kat Mail" for Kit Kat.
• Miami Ad School Europe, Hamburg, Student, "The Mixtape" for Fred Perry Subculture.
• Taxi, Toronto, Automotive, "Hands Up" for Mini Canada.
STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS:
• Ketchum, San Francisco, Consumer, "Dreyer's Beat the Blues With a Taste of Recovery" for Dreyer's Ice Cream.
• Ketchum, Chicago, Consumer, "Friskies First 'Feline Focus Group'" for Friskies.
• Naked Communications, Sydney, Consumer, "Ask Richard" for FBi Radio.
To see a complete list of all Grand, Gold, Silver and Bronze CLIO Award winners in all categories, please visit www.clioawards.com. Follow the CLIO Awards on your favorite social networks: Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Adweek's parent company e5 Global Media also owns the CLIO Awards.