Ready for Their Closeup10 agencies and producers making L.A. so hot right now
David Angelo always thought agencies did a lousy job branding themselves. So when striking out on his own 14 years ago, he created a concept that wasn’t just a clever play on his name—it underscored a commitment to challenger marketing strategies. Perhaps no better example is Kia, its first client and at the time a little-known auto brand that’s now one of the fastest growing U.S. nameplates. The agency’s challenger mentality extends to its own culture, where employees must claim a “Goliath” to beat—be it a business challenge or personal bête noire, like when the avocado-loathing Angelo forced himself to eat one in front of the agency. Now that’s leadership. –Noreen O’Leary
David Angelo, founder/CCO. Photographed atop The Standard, Downtown L.A.
Photo: Jeremy Goldberg
- Account Director Happy Medium Working from home
- Social Media Strategist Oceana Washington, D.C.
- Audience Development Manager LADDERS New York City, New York
- News Producer News 12 Woodbury, New York
- Zeppelin Hall Beer Garden Social Media Strategist Grand Street Property Management Downtown Jersey City
- Ad of the Day: Reebok Gets 'More Human' Than Ever in Evolving Aspirational Campaign
- This Popular Vlogger Died in a Shocking Car Crash Live on YouTube. Or Did She?
- Infographic: How Storytelling Is Helping Brands Sell More Products
- Here Are the Top 10 Super Bowl Ads on YouTube
- Here's What Marketers Can Expect From Pinterest in 2017