Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
The Sopranos 'He Is Risen'
Like Mad Men, the Thanksgiving episode of The Sopranos takes place on the series' own calendar, so it aired in April. But in the true spirit of Thanksgiving, it is about infidelity, familial squabbling, stealing cars and disinviting friends from family dinners. Wait, no, that's some other holiday. The best thing about this show was the ease with which it illustrated how much of the blood-feud violence in the mob was born out of silly, penny-ante offenses given and taken by people whose feelings get hurt too easily. Tony hates Ralphie, so he gets Carmella to tell Ralphie and Ro that Carmella's dad is too sick to come—it's a story that most families have some variation on, except that nobody was eventually murdered because of it.
- 50 Creatives Whose Brilliant Ideas and Beautiful Craft Will Make You Jealous
- 20 Content Creators Who Are Setting the Bar for Creativity in 2016
- The Best Ad Strategy for Pokemon Go Might Not Be What You Think
- Adweek's Creative 100: Meet the Top Thinkers, Makers and Doers in Marketing and Media
- 10 Visual Artists Whose Imagination and Intellect Will Inspire You