Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
The Sopranos 'He Is Risen'
Like Mad Men, the Thanksgiving episode of The Sopranos takes place on the series' own calendar, so it aired in April. But in the true spirit of Thanksgiving, it is about infidelity, familial squabbling, stealing cars and disinviting friends from family dinners. Wait, no, that's some other holiday. The best thing about this show was the ease with which it illustrated how much of the blood-feud violence in the mob was born out of silly, penny-ante offenses given and taken by people whose feelings get hurt too easily. Tony hates Ralphie, so he gets Carmella to tell Ralphie and Ro that Carmella's dad is too sick to come—it's a story that most families have some variation on, except that nobody was eventually murdered because of it.
- Senior Account Supervisor/Account Supervisor J Public Relations New York, NY
- Fashion Reporter Glammonitor.com New York, NY
- Director of Community Outreach Martha's Table Washington, DC
- Test Kitchen Photojournalist America's Test Kitchen Brookline, MA
- Senior Experience Designer Landor San Francisco, CA
- Gay Marriage Opponents Act Like an Oppressed Minority in Catholic Group's Ad
- The World's 23 Best Commercials of 2014-2015
- Under Armour Honors Misty Copeland With Hashtag That Led to a Car Full of Flowers
- The World's 18 Best Outdoor Campaigns of 2014-2015
- Why These Agency Execs Went Through Hell to Get Naked in These Ads (SFW)