Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
The Sopranos 'He Is Risen'
Like Mad Men, the Thanksgiving episode of The Sopranos takes place on the series' own calendar, so it aired in April. But in the true spirit of Thanksgiving, it is about infidelity, familial squabbling, stealing cars and disinviting friends from family dinners. Wait, no, that's some other holiday. The best thing about this show was the ease with which it illustrated how much of the blood-feud violence in the mob was born out of silly, penny-ante offenses given and taken by people whose feelings get hurt too easily. Tony hates Ralphie, so he gets Carmella to tell Ralphie and Ro that Carmella's dad is too sick to come—it's a story that most families have some variation on, except that nobody was eventually murdered because of it.
- Editor Consumer Electronics Mag San Francisco, CA
- Account Executive, the Knot Concierge Program XO Group & the Knot New York, NY
- Managing Editor HudsonMOD Montclair, NJ
- Freelance Reporter/Stringer-Presidential Campaigns WhoWhatWhy New York, NY
- Associate Marketing Manager Rowman & Littlefield Lanham, MD
- Watch a Designer Who Really Knows What He's Doing Create a Logo From Scratch
- Here's a Timeline of Brands Scoring Big in Social Media This Year
- Here Are The 10 Most Innovative Digital Ad Products of 2014
- If You Loved Aaron Draplin's Logo Tutorial, Here's More of His Design Wisdom
- 14 Brilliant Outdoor Ads That Rocked the Real World in 2014