Adweek's Favorite Thanksgiving SpecialsNot a turkey among these holiday TV plots
The Sopranos 'He Is Risen'
Like Mad Men, the Thanksgiving episode of The Sopranos takes place on the series' own calendar, so it aired in April. But in the true spirit of Thanksgiving, it is about infidelity, familial squabbling, stealing cars and disinviting friends from family dinners. Wait, no, that's some other holiday. The best thing about this show was the ease with which it illustrated how much of the blood-feud violence in the mob was born out of silly, penny-ante offenses given and taken by people whose feelings get hurt too easily. Tony hates Ralphie, so he gets Carmella to tell Ralphie and Ro that Carmella's dad is too sick to come—it's a story that most families have some variation on, except that nobody was eventually murdered because of it.
- Shirts on, Boys. Abercrombie Says It's Done With Sexualized Marketing
- YouTube Star Hannah Witton Gives Candid Advice About Sex in Durex Campaign
- These Posh Videos Show You How to Pronounce Ogilvy & Mather 'Like a Lord'
- Google Builds a Data Platform That's the Last Piece of Its Ad Empire
- An L.A. Agency's Grassroots Drought Initiative Has Grown Into a Citywide Campaign