The 5 Best Ads of Super Bowl XLVIIHumor and emotion won the night, as the big spectacles mostly fell short
Oreo 'Whisper Fight'/'Dunk in the Dark'
Agencies: Wieden + Kennedy, 360i, MediaVest
Oreo had one of the best nights of any brand on Sunday, because it didn't rely solely on its commercial. The spot was entertaining, but the cookie brand was also all over social media with a great ad about the stadium blackout that its agencies whipped up on the fly. It got some 14,000 retweets—more of a roar than a whisper.
- Nike's New Ad Discourages Budding Athletes, Who Won't Make It Anyway
- Ad of the Day: This Woman's Heartbreaking Makeup Tutorials Double as Powerful PSAs
- How Not to Get Sued By Michael Jordan, or Any Celeb, Over a Simple Congrats Ad
- How Ikea Used This Ad Full of Naked People to Sell Tables
- Have You Ever? This Ad for Big Lots Goes From Oddly Repetitive to Downright Surreal