The 5 Best Ads of Super Bowl XLVIIHumor and emotion won the night, as the big spectacles mostly fell short
Oreo 'Whisper Fight'/'Dunk in the Dark'
Agencies: Wieden + Kennedy, 360i, MediaVest
Oreo had one of the best nights of any brand on Sunday, because it didn't rely solely on its commercial. The spot was entertaining, but the cookie brand was also all over social media with a great ad about the stadium blackout that its agencies whipped up on the fly. It got some 14,000 retweets—more of a roar than a whisper.
- Leave It to a Laxative Brand to Make the Year's Most Uncomfortable Ad
- Japanese Toyota Ad With Dancing Gorilla Is So Preposterous, It's Actually Great
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: July 18-25
- Nike Packages Ultra-Flexible Sneakers in a Tiny Shoebox 1/3 of the Regular Size
- Ad of the Day: Paris Hilton Is Back to Wash Cars and Sex-Eat Some Burgers