The 30 Freakiest Ads of 2012The year's goofiest, spookiest and most bewildering spots
Agency: Fitzgerald + Co., Atlanta
Jolly singing eggs are one thing. Toothy, singing eyes are quite another. Yes, Irish eyes were not only smiling, they were belting out an old Irish standard in this off-kilter spot for Atlanta St. Patrick's Day Parade—with the two disturbing eye-mouths harmonizing nicely with ginger Elvis's normal sing-hole. The good 10 seconds of silence at the end, with the eyes smiling proudly, caps things off awkwardly. Best get to the bar quickly and throw a few back to forget about this one.
- Ad of the Day: Jude Law Dances for Johnnie Walker Blue in Jake Scott's Short Film
- Advertisers Are Struggling to Keep Up as Spending Shifts to Mobile
- We Asked Agencies to Share Their Oddest Decorations, and They Did Not Disappoint
- Agency Tries to Make an Ad That's All but Unskippable as YouTube Preroll
- Indian Ad With Female Boss Sparks an Uproar: Is It Super Feminist or Super Sexist?