The 30 Freakiest Ads of 2012The year's goofiest, spookiest and most bewildering spots
Agency: Fitzgerald + Co., Atlanta
Jolly singing eggs are one thing. Toothy, singing eyes are quite another. Yes, Irish eyes were not only smiling, they were belting out an old Irish standard in this off-kilter spot for Atlanta St. Patrick's Day Parade—with the two disturbing eye-mouths harmonizing nicely with ginger Elvis's normal sing-hole. The good 10 seconds of silence at the end, with the eyes smiling proudly, caps things off awkwardly. Best get to the bar quickly and throw a few back to forget about this one.
- Here's a Pretty Amazing Ad That Will Make You Feel Awful, Then Wonderful
- Three Years Later, We Finally Have a Brutally Powerful Ad About the Crisis in Syria
- A Woman's Day, Seen Through Glass, Ends Brutally in This Shocking Video
- Chevy Was Right to Curb This Dog Ad, Even If Everyone Seems to Love It
- Finally, a Japanese Ad That's Both Surprising and Surprisingly Awesome