The 30 Freakiest Ads of 2012The year's goofiest, spookiest and most bewildering spots
Agency: Fitzgerald + Co., Atlanta
Jolly singing eggs are one thing. Toothy, singing eyes are quite another. Yes, Irish eyes were not only smiling, they were belting out an old Irish standard in this off-kilter spot for Atlanta St. Patrick's Day Parade—with the two disturbing eye-mouths harmonizing nicely with ginger Elvis's normal sing-hole. The good 10 seconds of silence at the end, with the eyes smiling proudly, caps things off awkwardly. Best get to the bar quickly and throw a few back to forget about this one.
- Groupon Posted This Product on Facebook, Then Replied to Everyone Who Made a Sex Joke
- Volvo and Grey London Invent an Invisible Paint That Lights Up Cyclists at Night
- Watch a Calligrapher Perfectly Draw Famous Logos From Scratch With Pen and Ink
- Ad of the Day: Taco Bell Launches Cold War Against McDonald's With Propaganda Imagery
- Ad of the Day: OPI Brilliantly Creates a Whole Alphabet From Drops of Nail Polish