The International Advertising Association (IAA), a global network of marketing and advertising professionals has launched its new North American Chapter. The expansion of the organization is supported by a board of directors made up of industry leaders from brands, agencies and companies including 3M, Diageo, eBay, GE HealthCare, Joan Creative, Lafayette 148, LinkedIn, Pepsi, Moderna, Nielsen, Northwestern Mutual, S&P Global, Stein IAS, TikTok and The Wall Street Journal.
As an industry resource, IAA’s North American chapter will drive the growth of global brands by giving marketers access to crucial knowledge, resources and relationships.
“The marketing world functions as an ecosystem,” said Tom Stein, chairman of global B2B agency Stein IAS and IAA North American Regional Director in a statement.
Stein went on to say that the 80-plus-year-old agency’s new chapter marks a major expansion for IAA and will empower the organization’s international network of professionals by connecting brand leaders to exchange knowledge and expertise on topics including global brand management, growth strategies, talent development, ESG and DEI.
“North American marketers need to be aware of these differences and marketers from around the world need insight into the North American market. IAA’s new chapter will work to reimagine best practices in today’s rapidly changing international context,” said Stein.
The board includes:
- Ameneh Atai, general manager digital and advanced TV commercials, Nielsen
- Bruce Biegel, senior managing partner, Winterberry Group
- Alice Cherry, CMO, S&P Global
- Lisa Clunie, CEO & co-founder, JOAN Creative
- Kate Cronin, chief brand officer, Moderna
- Aniko DeLaney, marketing lecturer, Fordham University Gabelli School of Business
- Jeff De Korte, CMO, Equinox
- Emily O’Hara, global head of brand, Ebay
- Kristin Fallon, head of global brand and digital marketing, GE HealthCare
- Jeffrey Greenbaum, managing partner, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC and chairman of the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance
- Sophie Kelly, svp North America Whiskey Portfolio, Diageo
- Jim Habig, vice president, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
- Rachael Henke, svp, Brand, Product, PR & Thought Leadership, Affinipay
- Bradley Hunter, global head of safety and brand relations, TikTok
- Todd Kaplan, CMO, Pepsi
- Genevieve O’Connor PhD, associate professor of marketing, Fordham University Gabelli School of Business
- Madgelena Pawelec, global integrated marketing director, 3M Safety and Industrial Business Group
- Rebecca Rosenblat, global industry relations lead, TikTok
- Carol Schuster, svp global marketing and business information, Lafayette 148 New York and president, IAA North America
- Tom Stein, chairman and chief growth officer, Stein IAS, and regional director, IAA North America
- Lynn Teo, CMO, Northwestern Mutual
- Robert Welch, svp enterprise media and partnerships, The Wall Street Journal
“IAA provides marketers with the unique ability to think globally while providing access locally,” said Schuster in a statement. “With the formation of the new IAA Chapter in North America, we will provide a platform for North America marketers to connect with their international counterparts while building out their knowledge of the ever-evolving global landscape and its impact on building brands.”