The NHL will remain on NBC and Versus thanks to a new 10-year, $2 billion deal.
Fox, Turner and ESPN were also in the running but NBC/Versus had the best offer on the table.
The deal will be formally announced on Tuesday afternoon but here are the details:
- NBC and Versus will televise 100 regular-season games including a new Thanksgiving Friday telecast on NBC.
- The conference semifinals will appear exclusively on the two networks.
- NBC will carry a national “Game of the Week and the Winter Classic.
- Versus will carry a national “Game of the Week,” along with the All-Star Game, NHL Premiere Games, NHL Facebook and any future NHL Heritage Classic games.
- The NBC Sports Group will build a new studio for the NHL Network in Stamford, Conn.
- NBC and Versus will have the digital rights for the games they televise.