The Lost Remote newsletter brings you the the best in streaming news, from staffing changes to premiere dates to trailers—to the latest platform moves. Sign up today.
Michelle Fields, the former Fox News contributor, has quit her job at Breitbart News following last week’s incident in which she accused Donald Trump’s campaign manager of yanking her away from the candidate as she was asking him a question. The grab was so hard, in fact, Fields says she was left with bruises on her left arm.
“Today I informed the management at Breitbart News of my immediate resignation,” Fields said in a statement sent to BuzzFeed News. “I do not believe Breitbart News has adequately stood by me during the events of the past week and because of that I believe it is now best for us to part ways.”
When Fields’ accusations started going public last Wednesday, Breitbart senior editor at large Joel Pollak told staffers, “please do not retweet or respond.” Of course, when you ask a bunch of journalists not too, they’ll find other ways to get their message out. So a Slack chat thread among multiple Breitbart writers, was leaked
FNC’s Megyn Kelly spoke with Fields Friday afternoon, intending to run the interview on her show Friday, but the chaos at the Trump rally in Chicago bumped the interview. The interview ended up airing over the weekend, and was uploaded to YouTube. Here it is:
Update: Fields will be back on Kelly’s show tonight along with Ben Shapiro, the former Breitbart editor-at-large who also resigned:
— Michelle Fields (@MichelleFields) March 14, 2016
Update, 2:47 p.m.: Politico reports two more Breitbart staffers have resigned.