The North Face is making a big push to expand its brand. At the end of October, the company launched a new campaign called “Your Land,” its most expensive marketing effort to date; now a source tells us that it might have opened an agency review as well.
First, the spot created by Mekanism (with web experience designed by Colorado’s Factory Design Labs), which will make its TV debut during this week’s edition of Sunday Night Football:
For the record, we really hope the surfer in this spot wasn’t trying to bring his board on the L train at rush hour.
We know that North Face chose Factory Design Labs as its AOR in 2007 and that Mekanism took over the TV portion of the account recently, hence the credits on this new campaign (which has earned coverage in Fast Company, The New York Times, and other pubs).
A source tells us that, as part of this new initiative — which sees the company increasing its marketing spend by 50 percent — the rest of The North Face business is currently in review.
We’ve yet to receive confirmation or information about which agencies might be involved. Updates when they come in and credits for the ad above after the jump via Adhugger.
- President/CEO: Jason Harris
- Executive Creative Director: Tommy Means
- Art Director, Designer: Liam Kaczmar
- Director of Integrated Production: Elizabeth Morse
- Executive Producer: Stef Smith
- Managing Director: Michael Zlatoper
- Director Brand Management: Anna Boyarsky
Production Company: Farm League
- Executive Producer: Tim Lynch
- Head of Production: Michael Pizzo
- Line Producer: Arlo Rosner
- Director: Chris Burkard
- Director of Photography: Michael Paul Jones
Editorial Company: Mekanism
- Producer, Post: Stef Smith, Jennifer Szeto
- Editor: Ethan Indorf & Jesse Coane
- Assistant: Edward Schmidt IV & Cali Bondad
Music Supevision: Manage This Media – Janet Billig
Music: My Morning Jacket
Sound Mix: One Union Recording- Andy Greenberg
Color: Spy Post- Chris Martin