The One Club for Creativity has announced the latest group of advertising, design, marketing and education innovators who will be inducted into the Creative Hall of Fame in October—and it includes a diverse mix of innovators.
The non-profit that supports and celebrates the global creative community through efforts including creative boot camps, the One Show and One School, has named eight new inductees to add to the list of creative luminaries in advertising and design, which started with the induction of Leo Burnett in 1961.
The latest inductees to join the hall of fame are:
- Joe Duffy, branding and design innovator, Founder, Chairman, Duffy & Partners;
- John Hunt, co-founder of internationally recognized South African agency TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris, global creative chair, TBWA\Worldwide;
- Cheryl D. Miller, graphic designer, writer, artist, theologian and decolonizing historian—known for her contributions to racial and gender equality in the graphic design field.
- Nancy Vonk and Janet Kestin, former co-chief creative officers at Ogilvy Toronto, co-founders of the Swim leadership lab;
- Carol H. Williams, president, CEO, chief creative officer and owner, Carol H. Williams Advertising, the longest-running U.S. independent multicultural agency;
Educators Hall of Fame
- Ron and Pippa Seichrist, co-founders, Miami Ad School
The black-tie Creative Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which is a fundraising gala to support The One Club’s many global DEI programs, will take place on October 27 at Tisch Skylights at The Shed, Hudson Yards in New York.
Inductees are nominated and voted on by The One Club board of directors. Those chosen must have proven their impact, influence and inspiration on the industry.
“The Creative Hall of Fame is the ultimate recognition of a storied career of a visionary creative professional,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club in a statement. “More importantly, this newest group of inductees transcend advertising: they influence pop culture, uplift underrepresented groups and inspire the next generation of creative thinkers and doers.”
Additional inductees will be announced soon. Event and ticket details are available here.