New York’s Bullish, the agency-slash-investment firm that shares our tastes in deliciously fancy ice cream, agrees with your friendly bloggers on at least one other thing: press releases.
This one is quite a piece: it tells us that the company “continues [its] manifest destiny toward awesomeness” by “add[ing] five superstars to the team.”
Who are the individuals brave enough to join America’s Most Dangerous Agency (registered trademark)?
● Lucy Dikeou, Investment Associate, via Stanford University and entrepreneurial initiatives
● Nate Moore, Design Director, via Droga5, where he was Design Director
● Jazz Powell, Account Manager, via BBH London, where she was Account Director
● Kate Scott, Partner, Strategy, via Nick + Zoe, Nike and Deloitte in various roles
● Jake Tieman, Creative/Designer, via Droga5 where he was Senior Designer
Note the two former Droga5 designers.
Does this news mark a post-acquisition exodus? Of course not. Does it mean that these people and/or others took up Bullish managing partner Mike Duda’s Twitter offer to come work for his agency in its glorious independence? Nah.
Let co-managing partner Brent Vartan explain:
“In the past six months, we’ve done a Super Bowl campaign, launched two major direct-to-consumer initiatives for Fortune 250 brands, launched a design practice and invested in three companies. Our model is nothing without great people and we are super excited to welcome the dynamic mix of Kate, Jazz, Lucy, Nate and Jake to help us tackle even more ambitious opportunities.”
Here’s the most recent Bullish campaign, in which they took up the considerable challenge of making a financial brand seem interesting.