“Good Morning America” wins for both the week of June 23 and the second quarter of 2014. The ABC morning show delivered its largest quarterly advantage over NBC’s “Today” in 22 years in total viewers and 21 years in the A25-54 demographic.
“CBS This Morning” was the only morning show to grow in total viewers for the quarter, +5% compared to Q2 2013. NBC (+1%) and ABC (+1%) were both flat. In the A25-54 demographic, ABC was the only show to grow, up +4% year-over-year. NBC was flat (-1%) and CBS was down -8%.
For the week of June 23, CBS up +8% in total viewers and down -5% in the demo compared to the same week last year. ABC was down -2% in total viewers and flat in the demo and NBC was down -7% and -10%, respectively.
The averages for the week of June 23, 2014:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 4.945M / NBC: 4.301M / CBS: 2.887M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.779M / NBC: 1.607M / CBS: 859K
The averages for Q2 2014:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 5.542M / NBC: 4.761M / CBS: 3.053M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 2.085M / NBC: 1.899M / CBS: 923K