For your weekend reading pleasure, we’ve collected the ten most popular publishing stories of the week–ranging from the National Book Awards to Dr. Seuss‘s take on H.P. Lovecraft to a controversial video of a one-year-old baby reading a magazine (embedded above).
Click here to sign up for GalleyCat’s daily email newsletter, getting all our publishing stories, book deal news, videos, podcasts, interviews, and writing advice in one place.
1. Free Samples of the National Book Award Finalists
2. How to Write Like Haruki Murakami
3. When to Stop Working on Your Book
4. How a Modern Baby Thinks about Reading
5. Barnes & Noble Removes 100 DC Graphic Novels
6. Dr. Seuss Versus H.P. Lovecraft
7. Morgan Spurlock Wants to Hear about Your Failed Novel
8. Christopher Hitchens Writes about Joan Didion’s New Memoir
9. Occupy Wall Street Library Catalog Online
10. Kern Type: Practice Publishing the Old Fashioned Way