KING reporter Alex Rozier has a warning for everyone. Take a CPR class because you never know when you’ll need to help a chocking victim.
Over the weekend he says he was the one who needed to be saved. Rozier was at a dinner party at his colleagues house when he choked on a piece of meat.
“I could not breathe at all,” he said during a segment in the newscast. Rozier said only two of the nine people at the dinner table knew the Heimlich. He credits KING reporter Ted Land for saving his life.
You can watch the full story below.
I could have died this weekend.
I was choking. I could not breathe at all.
Thankfully @TedLandK5 saved my life. Seriously.
Hopefully my scare will help others. Please consider taking a @RedCross CPR/Heimlich course.
You never know when you may need it. #RedCrossMonth pic.twitter.com/QQ68n6HHDb
— Alex Rozier (@AlexRozierK5) March 6, 2019