Reporter’s Hair Catches Fire While Shooting a Standup

By Stephanie Tsoflias Siegel 

Work from home life got dangerous for reporter Janay Reece.

The KYOU MMJ was shooting a standup in her home near Kirksville, Mo., and used four lit candles as props.

She went to blow out each candle individually when her hair caught fire.


“Oh my god!” Reece shouted when she noticed the flame.

Once she realized she was OK, she stopped rolling and posted the video on Twitter.

“And those working from home, please be safe—don’t be like me and set something on fire. For those in quarantine or practicing social distancing, I hope this puts a smile on your face!”