KTRK anchor Art Rascon is recovering at home after being bitten by a copperhead snake Monday.
“Doing much better! And I returned home earlier this evening,” Rascon shared on Facebook. “My foot and ankle, up to my calf are swollen and it’s extremely painful. But the good news is the body is successfully fighting off the poison.”
Rascon says he spent nine hours in the emergency room yesterday and the hospital only wanted to give him the anti-venom “because it’s a last resort, crazy expensive, and apparently only if you’re going to die from the poison.”