It was an exciting week at TVNewser and here’s a quick run down of the top stories:
- The most read story was our exclusive about CNN/U.S. President Jon Klein and his suggestion that producers stop booking talk radio hosts on CNN’s programming.
- We were there when Jon Stewart‘s “Daily Show” softball team routed the “Nightly News” team 12-2, and Brian Williams gave TVNewser a post-game press conference. Incidentally, yesterday CBS’ “Early Show” beat NBC’s “Today” show team 10-2. Seriously, the page program needs to add “batting average” to the application.
- Bill O’Reilly spent part of Monday night talking about how great Fox News’ ratings are, then followed it up by blasting the “evil empire” on Tuesday, reassuring us the feud is not yet dead. Though many of you are apparently over it anyway.
- We saw full coverage of the mid-air collision over the Hudson River and a few networks got exclusive images. (Some images, however, were not so exclusive.)
- We confirmed that Don Imus could be bringing his radio show to Fox Business Network by next month.
- Nancy Grace had her new book released and we caught up with her to talk about fiction writing, her Bill O’Reilly appearance, and “Law & Order.”
- And FNC beat the combined totals of the four other news channels in primetime in both Total Viewers and the A25-54 demo three nights in a row. For those keeping score, that’s five times this year, three this week.