Fox News once again dominated the monthly cable news program rankings. But MSNBC and CNN saw their programs crack the top 10 for January 2018 as well.
FNC had seven of the 10 most-watched cable news programs for the first month of 2018, including Hannity at No. 1 with a solid 3.27 million total viewer average. Tucker Carlson (No. 3), The Ingraham Angle (No. 4), The Five (No. 5), Special Report With Bret Baier (No. 6), The Story With Martha MacCallum (No. 8) and America’s Newsroom were other Fox News shows to score spots in the top 10 most watched.
FNC had five of the top 10 among adults 25-54, but MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow finished at the top of the heap in the demo that means the most to news advertisers (678,000 adults 25-54).
All In With Chris Hayes and The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell both earned spots in the top 10, and posted significant year-over-year audience growth as most MSNBC programs did.
CNN had two entries into the top 10 among adults 25-54, with AC 360 coming in at No. 9 and new (but temporary) entry Cuomo Prime Time at N0. 10.
*Note: This data excludes specials.
Cable News Top 10 (Total Viewers)
- Hannity (3,269,000)
- Rachel Maddow Show (3,033,000)
- Tucker Carlson Tonight (2,982,000)
- The Ingraham Angle (2,576,000)
- The Five (2,545,000)
- Special Report With Bret Baier (2,514,000)
- Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell (2,354,000)
- The Story With Martha MacCallum (2,319,000)
- All In With Chris Hayes (1,994,000)
- America’s Newsroom (1,805,000)
Cable News Top 10 (A25-54)
- The Rachel Maddow Show (678,000)
- Hannity (660,000)
- Tucker Carlson Tonight (597,000)
- Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell (518,000)
- The Ingraham Angle (504,000)
- Special Report With Bret Baier (470,000)
- The Five (468,000)
- All In With Chris Hayes (436,000)
- Anderson Cooper 360 (392,000)
- Cuomo Prime Time (392,000)
Here are two expanded cable news program rankers. The first is sorted by Total Viewers, while the second is Adults 25-54.