HLN is the only cable news network go grow double digits (+14 percent) among the key A25-54 demo in total day viewers compared to Q3 last year. HLN shines on weekends, headlined by Weekend Express with Lynn Smith finishing as the No.1 show on Saturdays during the 7 a.m. ET timeslot among the key demo.
The ratings for Q3, 2015:
- Prime time (Mon-Sun): 310,000 Total Viewers / 111,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 280,000 Total Viewers / 123,000 A25-54
See the full HLN release below:
HLN IS THE ONLY CABLE NEWS NET UP DOUBLE-DIGITS IN TOTAL DAY IN 3Q15
HLN BEATS MSNBC IN TOTAL DAY FOR SIX STRAIGHT QUARTERS
HLN RANKS #1 IN WEEKEND TOTAL DAY
“MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE” RANKS AS THE #2 CABLE MORNING NEWS PROGRAM IN 3Q15 AND 2015 TO-DATE
- HLN is up in Total Day 3Q15 vs. 3Q14, experiencing the only double-digit growth among cable news nets in P25-54 up +14% (123k vs. 108k). The net is also up +20% in P18-49 (103k vs. 86k);
- HLN beat MSNBC for six consecutive quarters (16 straight months) in 3Q15 in Total Day by +31% in P25-54 and +45% in P18-49; the longest winning streak in more than 16 years among P25-54;
- HLN ranks #1 across cable news in Weekend Total Day among P25-54 (141k), beating FNC by +4% and MSNBC by +28%;
- Among the top 40 of all cable nets HLN is 1 of only 4 networks with year-to-date double-digit growth, up +17%.
MORNING EXPRESS WITH ROBIN MEADE
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) ranks as the #2 cable morning news show in 3Q15 and 2015 year-to-date among P25-54 & 18-49. In 3Q, MXP is up +24% and +33% vs. 3Q14 respectively, and is up the most among cable news in P25-54;
- MXP continues to beat MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” for six straight quarters (17 consecutive months) [6-9 a ET] by +31% in P25-54 (131k vs. 100k). MXP also takes Joe by +68% in P18-49 (109k vs. 65k);
WEEKEND EXPRESS WITH LYNN SMITH
- “Weekend Express with Lynn Smith” ranks #1 on Saturdays @ 7 am in P25-54 (162k) among cable news nets in September, besting FNC by +3%.
THE DAILY SHARE
- “The Daily Share” (M-F, noon – 1 p.m. ET), HLN’s first dayside series under the new brand, is outpacing MSNBC by +21% in P25-54 and +61% in P18-49 launch-to-date (1/13/15-9/25/15); In addition, vs. the same time period a year ago, TDS is up +10% in its key P18-49 demo.