The Lost Remote newsletter brings you the the best in streaming news, from staffing changes to premiere dates to trailers—to the latest platform moves. Sign up today.
HLN has just completed its best quarter in its ratings history, in prime time in the A25-54 demo. The network, formerly Headline News, grew the most in the quarter of any ad-supported cable channel, and its marquee program, Nancy Grace, grew the most of any cable news show, up 90% in the demo versus the same quarter last year.
For the month of March, HLN’s prime time (Mon-Fri) grew 74% in A25-54 demo viewers and 62% among Total Viewers. In total day, HLN was up 40% in the demo and 22% among Total Viewers.
• Morning Express with Robin Meade increased 11% in Total Viewers and 24% in A25-54.
• Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell grew the 7pmET time period 58% in Total Viewers and 52% in A25-54.
• Nancy Grace at 8pmET was up 82% in Total Viewers and 90% in A25-54. The re-air at 10pmET was up 63% in Total Viewers and 66% in the demo.
• The Lou Dobbs Tonight re-air at 9pmET increased 19% in Total Viewers and 31% in A25-54.
• Showbiz Tonight increased 18% in Total Viewers and 35% in A25-54.