The PlayStation Network announced their 2011 MLB.TV for PS3 Tuesday, featuring several significant upgrades for the upcoming season.
New this year on MLB.TV for PS3 is the following:
- Highest Quality HD Streaming – Speed detection technology gives users ultra-HQ video access (NexDef 4.5 mbps) depending on available bandwidth.
- Enhanced Audio – In-game alternate audio selection allows users to overlay the home or away team’s broadcasters over the live video or use the “Park” option to include the ballpark’s natural sounds.
- Quick-Access Stats – View player cards with full career stats, league leaders, and in-game stats including AB, R, H, RBI, K, BB, SO, LOB, AVG, HR, SB.
- Event Navigation – Select in-game event types, such as home runs, hits or stolen bases, to show on a progression timeline and jump directly to the at bat where they happened.
- Improved User Interface – User-friendly design makes it even easier to browse.
Those new features are in addition to last year’s features, which include home and away feeds, live broadcast DVR functionality, season archive and a scrollable linescore.
PlayStation Network users can download the application for free from the “Media” category in the PlayStation Store. It requires either a MLB.TV ($99.95) or a MLB.TV Premium ($119.95) account.