HLN finished May up +6 percent in total viewers and +5 percent in the A25-54 demo compared to the same month last year. While HLN is up in daytime total viewers, prime time numbers are down -12 percent in viewers and -23 percent in the demo. Despite daytime growth, the network made some changes to its lineup late in the month, moving repeats of Dr. Drew and Nancy Grace to the afternoons.
The ratings for May 2015:
Prime time (Mon-Sun) 292,000 Total Viewers / 98,000 A25-54
Total Day (Mon-Sun): 256,000 Total Viewers / 109,000K A25-54
Here’s HLN release:
- HLN has outperformed MSNBC for a YEAR in Total Day by +31% in P25-54 (109k vs. 83k) and +36% in P18-49 (91k vs. 67k); the longest winning streak in more 16 years among P25-54.
- In Total Day, HLN is up +6% in total viewers; +5% in P25-54; +15% in P18-49 vs. May 2014.
- “Morning Express with Robin Meade” (MXP) is beating MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” (6-9 a ET) by +61% in P25-54 (124k vs. 77k) and +92% in P18-49 (102k vs. 53k); the 13th straight monthly win for MXP in P25-54.
- MXP is up +22% YOY in P25-54 and 28% in P18-49; “Morning Joe” is down –21% and –35%, respectively.
- HLN continues to be the youngest amongst the cable news networks with a median age of 55 in Total Day (M-Su 6a-6a).