Look Who’s Leading the TVNewser Bracket Challenge After Day One

By Tim Baysinger 

The first day of the NCAA Tournament always brings the Madness, and this year was no different.

After Little Rock’s upset of Purdue, all but 1 percent of CBS Sports brackets remain perfect. While all of our competitors unfortunately fall in the other 99 percent, team CNBC had a strong showing, as Andrew Ross Sorkin, Kayla Tausche, Sara Eisen and Wilfred Frost are all tied with the lead with Bloomberg’s Scarlet Fu.

Sorkin and Fu, along with Brian Sullivan, Dominic Chu, Jo Ling Kent, Kristin Fisher and Steve Kornacki all picked Little Rock. As for the other major upset Thursday, David Gura, Jared Max, Jessica Golden, Joe Kernen, Tausche and Tom Keene all took Yale to upset Baylor.


Though she remains in the middle of the pack overall, CNBC’s Becky Quick has the bragging rights for taking both Little Rock and Yale to win Thursday.

Here’s how the top 20 shake out after the first day:

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 10.36.51 AM