People and Entertainment Weekly have joined together to form an online channel called PEN, and you can stream it now on a varety of devices.
As you might imagine, PEN is celebrity-based, but is also launching with a serious side. It features The Children of 9/11, a documentary about five kids who never met their fathers because they were born after Sept. 11, 2001.
Some regular PEN features:
- PEN News: A quick update (today’s is three minutes) of celebrity news.
- PEN Specials: Right now featuring “EW Reunites Friday Night Lights.”
- People Cover Story: A more in-depth feature show. At the moment, it’s a 20-minute piece on Patrick Dempsey.
- Bingeworthy: A show that, in its own words “Watches the best of TV and tells you what you should binge… and what you should delete.” It’s the first review show I can recall where the hosts are drinking wine and whiskey.
- The Jess Cagle Interview: Cagle is the Editorial Director of both People and Entertainment Weekly. This is a one-on-one show featuring his interviews with celebrities.
There will be more series coming soon, including a Red Carpet special from the Emmys. PEN is launching with impressive partnerships so, if you’re interested, it’s pretty easy to find. Here’s how:
Mobile: PEN free app (iOS only)
AppleTV (4th generation – the ones made starting in September 2015)
NOTE for Chromecast: The PEN site lists that it is available on Chromecast, but a search of the Google Cast store comes back with no results. Maybe they’re still working on it.