Luke: A West Bend Saints Romance by Sabrina Paige leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top e-books in two major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of August 19, 2015
1. Luke: A West Bend Saints Romance by Sabrina Paige: “There are three things in life I’m damn good at: f**king, jumping out of planes, and chasing forest fires. Settle down? With someone like Autumn Mayburn? Forget it. She’s uptight, smart-mouthed, and hell, she has a kid. She’s ten years older than me.”
2. Yours by Aubrey Dark: “t was supposed to be fun. A spring break trip to Tijuana with my friends. A margarita in each hand while we danced the night away. Then I saw him in the club. He was too perfect to be true—an impeccably tailored suit, a sculpted body. Ice-blue eyes that seared with desire. I thought everything about him was right. But I was dead wrong.”
3. Hard: A Step-Brother Romance by Sosie Frost: “Zach “HARD” Harden was a perfectly sinful one-night stand—a gorgeous, bad boy Navy SEAL totally deserving of his nickname. He wasn’t a bad decision at the time, but I’ve never made a good mistake…even a toe-curling one. 2. Arrogant Bastard by Winter Renshaw: “The last time my father beat me to a bloody pulp was the night he walked in on me banging my step-mother in his bed. To be fair, she seduced me. And to be honest, I liked it. But to CPS, I was a victim.”
4. Two Minutes (Seven Series Book 6) by Dannika Dark: “After years of living abroad, Maizy returns home to the only family she’s ever known–a pack of wolves. When she confronts her childhood watchdog to see where they stand, his resentment leaves her uncertain about where she really belongs.”
5. Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward: “He was someone who belonged in my wildest fantasies instead of a rest stop in the middle of Nebraska. A sexy, cocky, Australian named Chance was the last person I expected to run into on my cross-country drive.”
6. Something Beautiful by Jamie McGuire: “America Mason, a sassy undergrad at Eastern State University, is in love with a Maddox–Shepley Maddox. Unlike his cousins, Shepley is more lover than fighter, but a road trip to her parents’ home in Wichita, Kansas could mean the next step, or the end of everything.”
7. Elias by Sabrina Paige: “Call me Cinderella. I’m a rags to riches story – girl from trailer park becomes Hollywood starlet. And I’m about to get my happy ever after.”
8. Silas by Sabrina Paige: “Call me Robin Hood. I’m a grifter. A con artist. I don’t just steal from the rich. I take from the worst of the worst, the people who deserve to be hustled. I have two rules – keep moving and never fall in love.”
9. Not You It’s Me by Julie Johnson: “Gemma Summers is unlucky in love. She’s known it since third grade, when her first crush blew a spitball into her hair, and a decade-long string of bad dates, boring sex, and abysmal morning-afters has done nothing to improve her prospects.”
10. Gray Back Bad Bear by T.S. Joyce: “Matt Barns is on a mission. The goal of this mission? Find a mate before his broken bear drives him into madness. He knows exactly what he’s looking for, but when his bear finally settles for a mate, she dumps his world upside down. She’s funny, sure, but other than that, she’s not his type in any way.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of August 19, 2015