A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest continues to lead the Self-Published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top e-books in two major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of January 20, 2016
1. A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest: “On the evening of Sofia Claremont’s seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.”
2. The Baller: A Down and Dirty Football Novel by Vi Keeland: “The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men’s locker room. It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster. The famed quarterback decided to bare all. And by all, I don’t mean he told me any of his secrets.”
3. Never Never: Part Three of Three by Cooleen Hoover: “New York Times bestselling authors Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher are back with the much-anticipated final installment in the Never Never novella series. Together, Silas Nash and Charlize Wynwood must look deeper into the past to find out who they were and who they want to be.”
4. A Shade of Vampire 2: A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest: “Having been delighted by the bestselling debut, A Shade of Vampire, readers are begging for more. In A Shade of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…”
5. The Atlantis Gene by A.G. Riddle: “Read the novel that started it all: The Atlantis Gene is the first book in A.G. Riddle’s bestselling Origin Mystery trilogy, which has sold OVER ONE MILLION COPIES, is being translated into eighteen languages, and is in development to be a major motion picture!”
6. A Shade of Vampire 3: A Castle of Sand by Bella Forrest: “What Sofia has with Derek feels like a sandcastle; temporary and something that the waves of life and time will soon ruin…Since the return of Gregor Novak, the island has turned several shades darker. His hatred toward Sofia and thirst for fresh blood lead to a brutal war igniting between father and son.”
7. A Shade of Vampire 4: A Shadow of Light by Bella Forrest: “Since the implosion at The Oasis and Derek’s stay at Hawk Headquarters, The Shade has fallen into a state of utter chaos. To make matters worse, the citizens of Derek’s kingdom have become suspicious of his loyalties and accuse him of siding with the enemy… At a time when Derek desperately needs full cooperation from his subjects, they wish to put their own King on trial.”
8. The Conviction: A David Sloane Novel by Robert Dugoni: “As David Sloane continues to piece his life back together in the wake of his wife’s vicious murder, he also struggles to handle his difficult teenage son, Jake. Reeling from the loss of his mother, Jake’s bad behavior escalates and his relationship with Sloane is pushed to the brink.”
9. Obsessed by R.J. Lewis: “Elise I’m obsessed with Aston. He became my addiction the moment I met him at 10 years old. He was my best friend from childhood. He protected me and guided me.”
10. RIDE: The Complete Delancey Brother Trilogy by Joanna Blake: “I do whatever I want, when I want to. Chasing women doesn’t interest me. Not with the responsibility of running the famed Delancey Stables falling squarely on my shoulders. Until I meet her. Or rather, until she slams into me hollering about some tree that’s on the border between our property lines. Oh yeah, my new next door neighbor is hell on wheels.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of January 20, 2015