Now that the Big Game is all over for another year, it’s back to business as usual in the ad world, what with MillerCoors picking a new U.S. media agency and the losing party naming a new leadership team on the very same afternoon! Hmmm.
We know our readers don’t care about that, though…they just want to remember which ads they hated the most.
So here are the 5 most-commented Super Bowl spots for 2017.
- Venables Bell & Partners, Audi Get Political in Big Game Ad (76 comments. Our favorite? “What do I tell my daughter when she finds out I’ve blown her entire college fund on a douchey sports car?”)
- 84 Lumber Unveiled Brunner’s ‘The Entire Journey’ During the Super Bowl (41 comments, several of which appear to be those ad school assignments.)
- VML Unveils First-Ever Super Bowl Spot for Wendy’s (36 comments, also including some ad student reviews.)
- FCB Chicago Breaks a Sweat in Super Bowl Spot for Michelob Ultra (31 comments. “Average consumer” responded to a comment calling the ad “boring” by saying, “I strongly disagree. I thought this crossfit ad was spot on. It showed how crossfit creates great social bonds and friendships through shared crossfit experiences. I’m ready to join a crossfit gym tomorrow. Sign me up! Crossfit here I come!”)
- ‘Ghost Spuds’ Haunts W+K’s Super Bowl Spot for Bud Light (27 comments. Most were not too nostalgic for talking dogs.)