With the spread of coronavirus, agencies and holding companies are continually updating remote work policy and travel guidance. Yesterday brought a set of new changes. IPG updated its work from home policy and it appears to have not been the only holding company to do so.
Publicis Groupe sent out an internal memo yesterday, which was obtained by AgencySpy, offering guidance on remote work, assuring employees the holding company is closely monitoring the situation with the intent to issue further measures as needed.
The memo clarifies Publicis Groupe’s current position on remote work, updating the policy. As of today, the holding company is encouraging employees to work from home, only coming into the office “when absolutely necessary for key meetings.”
A source with knowledge of the holding companies’ operations said that such “key meetings” included clients demanding to hold such meetings in person despite the present situation.
Additionally, the memo instructs any employees “feeling sick” to avoid coming into the office and inform HR so that they can monitor the situation and take appropriate preventative measures. All employees are asked to use Publicis Groupe’s “work-from-home toolkit.” Managers working remotely will continue to be able to support other employees, the memo states.
The memo then reinforces the “need to continue to deliver for our clients,” adding: “We are confident with the work-from-home readiness measures we put in place and the commitment from each of you we will be able to do so.”
It closes by providing an email address for any employees with questions or concerns.
You can read the memo below:
While the COVID-19 situation further develops in the US and Canada, we wanted to assure you that we are closely monitoring the situation around the clock and will continue to implement further measures as necessary to ensure your health and safety.
With this, we wanted to make clear our position on working remotely at this time. Starting tomorrow and we will review continually:
- While we are officially open for business, we are encouraging all of our people to work from home and only come into the office when absolutely necessary for key meetings.
- If you are feeling sick, do not come into the office and take the time to get well. Please also let HR know so we can monitor and take the right preventative measures.
- All employees, please leverage the work-from-home toolkit.
- Managers will also be working remotely, but available to support employees as they work remotely.
- As we look to ensure your safety, be mindful that we also need to continue to deliver for our clients. We are confident with the work-from-home readiness measures we put in place and the commitment from each of you we will be able to do so.
We want to ensure that our people are safe and our clients are cared for. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to your manager or HR representative or send your questions to COVIDinfo@publicisgroupe.com.
The announcement follows Publicis Groupe closing its Turnmill London office earlier this week after an employee tested positive for COVID-19. At the time, Publicis Groupe said the office was expected to reopen on Monday.