First on TVNewser: Insiders tell us the first Charlie Gibson/Sarah Palin interview is complete. The first sit-down lasted 30 minutes and included questions about energy independence, foreign affairs and whether Gov. Palin is ready to be Vice President. “Absolutely,” is her response. When asked if she is ready to step in and be president of the United States. Palin answers, “You bet.”
We’re told Gibson asked for two extra minutes and used it to ask Palin whether she agrees with the “Bush Doctrine.” Among Palin’s responses:
• “The top priority is to defend the United States of America. I know that John McCain would do that.”
• “With new leadership comes opportunity to do things better.”
• “War has got to be a last option.”
• “If a strike is imminent we have every right to defend our country…and that’s what a McCain/Palin administration would do.”
• “In order to stop Islamic extremists we must do whatever it takes. We must not blink, Charlie.”
> More from the ABC World Newser blog….