While Fox News, CNN and MSNBC were down year-to-year, HLN saw growth in its primetime: up +4% in Total Viewers and flat in A25-54 viewers. In Total Day viewership, HLN was down -4% in Total Viewers and down -8% in A25-54 viewers.
The ratings for March, 2012:
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 378K total viewers / 116K A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 258Ktotal viewers / 94K A25-54
For the quarter, HLN was up +8% in Total Viewers and down -6% in A25-54 viewers in Total Day. In Primetime, the network was up +7% in Total Viewers and flat in the demographic.
The ratings for Q1, 2012:
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 390K total viewers / 117K A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 264Ktotal viewers / 96K A25-54
Compared to the year-ago quarter, HLN’s daytime programming is down -11% in Total Viewers and down -23% in the demo.
Things are not much better in the later hours. Jane Velez-Mitchell at 7pmET hour, Nancy Grace at 8pmET and Dr. Drew Pinsky at 9pmET are all down in both Total Viewers and A25-54 viewers compared to Q1 2011.
The 5pmET hour of “HLN Special Report” is up +7% in Total Viewers and down -23% in the demographic compared to the year-ago quarter. “Prime News” at 6pmET shows a similar trend, up +13% in Total Viewers and down -20% in A25-54 viewers.