The nominations for the 29th Annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards were announced today, and leading the pack is PBS with 38 nods, more than double any other news organization.
ABC and CBS are tied for second with 17 nominations and NBC has 14.
Some notes on the noms:
• NBC’s Richard Engel is nominated for two reports.
• Four of the eight nominations for Feature in a Regularly Scheduled Newscast go to CBS Sunday Morning.
• Anderson Cooper 360 has two nominations.
• The most for one program goes to NBC Nightly News with 10.
• ABC’s Brian Ross is nominated for three investigative stories.
The awards will be presented on September 22 at the Time Warner Center in New York City.
Click continued to see a break down of the nominations (or check out each category here)…
National Geographic 12
History Channel 6
Current TV 3
Discovery Channel 3
Smithsonian Channel 3
freep.com/Detroit Free Press 2
Animal Planet 1
Discovery Times 1