2014 Ratings: Fox News Channel Wins 13th Straight Year

By Brian Flood Comment

Fox News remained on top in 2014, capping off its 13th consecutive year as the most-watched cable news network among both total viewers and the A25-54 demo. FNC averaged 1.05 million total viewers and 213,000 in the demo. FNC beat CNN and MSNBC combined in both total day and in primetime in viewers.

The ratings for 2014 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):

  • Primetime (Mon-Sun): 1,748,000 total viewers / 300,000 A25-54
  • Total Day Mon-Sun): 1,050,000 total viewers / 213,000 A25-54

In weekday primetime, FNC is the only cable news network up in total viewers (+1%) and  in the demo (+ 3%) compared to 2013. For total day compared to 2013, FNC was down -4% in both total viewers and the demo. Fox News was the No. 2 basic cable network in weekday primetime, behind only ESPN.

At 9pmET, “The Kelly File” is the only primetime program in cable news up in both total viewers (+10%) and the demo (+5%) compared to 2013, while The O’Reilly Factor” is No. 1 in its timeslot for the 15th straight year.

FNC’s new daytime show “Outnumbered,” which launched April 28, is up nearly +45% in total viewers and up nearly 25% from its debut month. “Special Report” wins its timeslot in total viewers for the 15th consecutive year, and “Hannity” is up +7% in the demo.

Comments

Advertisement
Advertisement