Showtime’s hyped new Liev Schreiber (somewhat of a Jerry McGuire meets Tony Soprano) drama will partner with the New York Times for an extremely interesting second screen ad experience on The New York Times iPad app. The media company just revealed the details on how they’ll be leveraging their large second screen audience for this premiere.
Here are the details on what the partnership will entail, from The New York Times:
The interactive video experience, developed by Medialets, is the first-of-its-kind in a mobile advertisement on The Times’s iPad app. The media buy was handled by OMD. When expanding the ads, readers will experience:
- A full-screen, interactive series trailer inviting users to tap the video anytime to learn more
- Upon tapping, the video pauses and informational hotspots specific to each frame of the video invite the viewer to learn more about the series and its characters
- As the trailer concludes, viewers will be given the option to:
- Download a full, free episode of the series premiere
- Download the song from the trailer from iTunes
- Download the Showtime Anytime app directly from the iTunes App Store.
The New York Times is showing off that they’re no longer just a company that offers ads and partnerships across their newspaper and website – they’re in the second screen game in a big way as well.