The World Cup is making a social TV splash outside the US as well. Social TV company Visiware is powering second screen and social capabilities for the broadcasts of the games for Televisa in Mexico and L’Equipe in France. “Visiware’s Sync2TV will enable interactive engagement for all World Cup 2014 matches on iOS devices, Android devices, and on the web,” for those two networks a major US network. Here are the details.
What their technology provides the networks with:
- Using Visiware’s Sync2TV technology, World Cup 2014 viewers can make live predictions, rate player actions, compare their sports knowledge with other fans, share opinions on topics (“was the yellow card deserved?”), as well as share photos, videos, follow live Twitter feeds, etc.
- Visiware’s Sync2TV is the most deployed 2nd screen solution with a total of 2500 shows/games in 26 countries.
- A modular solution to fit any TV genre with adapted and rich experiences
- Immersive experiences for TV programs with synchronous media enrichment
- Gamification of the telecast with real-time interactions (quiz, polls, predictions, etc.)
- Innovative use case to leverage advertising on all screens
- A fully scalable platform hosted on the Amazon Cloud
- A B2B turnkey solution with complete toolkit to independently manage the platform.