Is it possible to judge the success of a TV commercial by the volume of tweets the ad receives? The answer might be yes. For this week’s analysis at fall TV Crimson Hexagon’s dive into ABC’s “Super Fun Night” (starring Rebel Wilson) showed that 33% of the tweets were discussions about the show’s ads. Here are the details.
Rebel Wilson’s new show is sure to attract attention as she’s proven to be one of the funniest people in entertainment at the moment. The fact that ABC’s ads are working well so far is a good sign. Here’s one of the ads followed by Crimson’s analysis and an infographic.
- This week, a new promotional poster for Rebel Wilson’s “Super Fun Night” was released and was met with largely positive response, as 33% of tweets were about users actively engaging with the show’s ads.
- Only 2% of this week’s conversation about “Super Fun Night” was negative, falling from 8% at the beginning of the summer.
- Despite an upsurge for “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” of 25,022 tweets last week due to Comic-Con excitement, volume dropped down to 4,782 this week.
- Conversation about “The Crazy Ones” multiplied after the cast’s panel at CBS’ Television Critics Association tour in Beverly Hills on July 29.
- There were more tweets about “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” after GetGlue posted a new “Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 1 Coming Soon” sticker.