SocialTimes editor Devon Glenn shared some surprising Pinterest facts on today’s edition of the Morning Media Menu. She also talked about a special font to help people with dyslexia read online and how Twitter has changed NASA’s communications department.
70% of the clicks happen within the first 2 days of a pin’s lifespan on Pinterest. The remaining 30% of the clicks extend to 30 days after the pin is posted and beyond. Piquora advises brands to have a plan for removing old pages or handling products that go out of stock. 11% of all the pins on Pinterest come from Tumblr … Pinners place 95% of their pins into boards named after categories such as fashion, accessories, beauty, and furniture.
Press play below to listen on SoundCloud. The show was hosted by GalleyCat editor Jason Boog. Click here to receive Mediabistro’s Daily Newsfeed via email. Music by Kevin MacLeod.