In May 2010, theories about the finale of television’s most literary television show and Tyra Banks‘ book deal were among our most popular publishing headlines.
Instead of doing our traditional year-in-review post, we’ve decided to collect the ten most popular stories on GalleyCat each month–sharing the stories that mattered most to our readers. Looking back at these headlines, we can see the hopes, fears, and distractions that obsessed the publishing industry in 2010. Follow this link to see the rest of the year unfold.
1. Cigarette Dispensers Refurbished as Book Vending Machines
2. Lost Finale Theories–The Final Episode Recap
3. David Foster Wallace’s Undergraduate Thesis to Hit Shelves in 2011
4. Lit Agent, Julie Barer Tells Writers to “Keep Your Day Job”
5. Cory Doctorow: ‘It Is Impossible to Monetize Obscurity’
6. Tyra Banks Lands Book Deal for YA Series “Modelland”
7. Real Housewives of New York City Cast Member Jill Zarin Responds to Amazon Spat
8. Frank Frazetta, Fantasy Artist for Conan & Tarzan, Has Died
9. Lit Agent Laura Rennert Wants “Smart Boy Books”
10. Ingram CEO at BEA 2010: ‘Digital Versions Didn’t Cause Piracy’