- Darin Strauss sings! And then sings some more! (Plus solo numbers from Jonathan Coulton.)
- Glenn Beck said contemporary books for young readers are emasculating, except for the ones his guest Ted Bell writes.
- Remember that time Simon Spotlight Entertainment announced an embargoed memoir with a 350,000-copy print run that turned out to be from Madonna’s brother? Boy, that was something, wasn’t it? Good times.
- A dispute over cover art prompted us to ask: “Who peed in Dan Savage‘s cornflakes?”
- Emily Gould went on vacation and never came back; towards the end of the month, we realized she had a book proposal making the rounds. This led to ridiculous speculation that book publishers might fear Gawker. Free Press picked up the collection of autobiographical essays in early July.