The Proposition 3: The Ferro Family by H.M. Ward leads the Self-published Bestsellers List this week.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 26, 2014
1. The Proposition 3: The Ferro Family by H.M. Ward: “An engagement is the farthest thing from my mind, but as Neil holds up the ring I glance around and notice someone is missing. Maggie. The man had the audacity to invite everyone else except my best friend. Where is she? When I go to find out, I don’t like what I discover. Once, I’d thought I was different from the Ferros and the Campones, but when it comes down to it–I’m exactly the same.”
2. Falling Under by Jasinda Wilder: “My name is Colton Calloway. You’ve heard part of my story, but it turns out there’s more. My little girl, Kylie, is all grown up. Seventeen, beautiful, and talented, just like her mother. And just like Nell, my daughter seems to have fallen for a bad boy, one with a lot of darkness and a lot of secrets. You thought you knew the whole story. You thought it was over. Happily ever after for everyone. You were wrong.”
3. The Atlantis Gene: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 1) by A.G. Riddle: “The Immari are good at keeping secrets. For 2,000 years, they’ve hidden the truth about human evolution. They’ve also searched for an ancient enemy–a threat that could wipe out the human race. Now the search is over. Off the coast of Antarctica, a research vessel discovers a mysterious structure buried deep in an iceberg. It has been there for thousands of years, and something is guarding it. As the Immari rush to execute their plan, a brilliant geneticist makes a discovery that could change everything.”
4. Hardwired (The Hacker Series) by Meredith Wild: “Determined to overcome a difficult past, Erica Hathaway learns early on to make it on her own. Days after her college graduation, she finds herself face to face with a panel of investors who will make or break her fledgling startup. The only thing she didn’t prepare for was going weak in the knees over an arrogant and gorgeous investor who seems determined to derail her presentation.”
5. Room For More (Cranberry Inn) by Beth Ehemann: “Four years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant. Three months ago, I found something I haven’t had in years. Hope. That hope came in the form of a sexy, carefree hockey player named Brody Murphy. He swooped in and won me over with his big heart and the way he cared for me…and my girls. When they look at him, they see the father they’ve never had.”
6. No Regrets Trilogy by Lauren Blakely: “This ebook contains the following books: The Thrill of It, The Start of Us, and Every Second With You.”
7. A Shade of Vampire 6 by Bella Forrest: “Derek and Sofia are finally enjoying a well-deserved break. Staying at a resort with good food, sun and sea, Sofia is thrilled to witness Derek’s re-introduction to the human world. They would almost be mistaken for a normal young couple, if it were not for the red-eyed monster lurking in the shadows and watching their every move, waiting for his signal to pounce…”
8. The Private Club by J.S. Cooper: “When Meg Riley lost her job as an attorney, she never thought she’d end up working for a private club. But when she met the handsome and elusive, Greyson Twining, she knew she couldn’t turn the job down; even though she didn’t really know what the position entailed. Greyson Twining is the owner of the private club and he knows that it’s a mistake to hire, Meg. However, there is something about the way she smiles at him that makes him forget his own reservations. And then there’s the call from, Brandon Hastings telling him not to hire Meg. A call he should have listened to more closely.”
9. The Private Club 3 by J.S. Cooper: “What is the Private Club? When Meg Riley accepted a job at the Private Club she didn’t expect to be thrown into a world of deception and lust. She doesn’t know who she can trust, but that doesn’t stop her from falling for Greyson Twining. Greyson Twining is the handsome owner of the club. He is charismatic, alluring and way out of her league. While his smile sets her heart on fire, everything else about him makes her want to run away.”
10. Buried Secrets by Leighann Dobbs: “Even the ghosts have secrets in Dead Water …. For Celeste Blackmoore and her sisters, locating a hundred year old buried treasure in the gold mining ghost town of Dead Water sounds like an easy job … until they find themselves facing threats from both sides of the grave.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 26, 2013