Novelist Steena Holmes has held a spot on our Self-Published Bestsellers List for weeks with Finding Emma, writing about every parent’s worst nightmare. She donates 50 percent of the proceeds from the paperback edition go to The Missing Children’s Society of Canada.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for Week of September 3, 2012
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. Our Husband by Stephanie Bond : “Three women from different walks of life–a doctor, a socialite, and a stripper–find out they have one thing in common: a husband!” (1)
2. While It Lasts by Abbi Glines: “Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues — or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer baling hay?” (2)
3. I Think I Love You by Stephanie Bond: “Sisters share everything in their closets, including the skeletons… Twenty years ago, the Metcalf sisters witnessed a murder and formed a pact of silence. Now they’re estranged and scattered because they all fell in love with the same man.” (7)
4. Finding Emma by Steena Holmes: “When Megan takes a photo of a little girl with an elderly couple at the town fair, she believes it to be her missing daughter. Unable to let go, she sets in motion a sequence of events that could destroy both families lives.” (3)
5. Better Off Without Him by Dee Ernst: “Mona Berman is a best-selling Romance writer and happy endings are what she does best. So when her husband of twenty years leaves her for somebody 15 years younger, 20 pounds lighter, and French, she’s got a lot of adjusting to do.” (-)
6. Let Me Be The One by Bella Andre: “an unexpected friends-to-lovers romance might not only turn out to be so much hotter than anything bad boy pro baseball player Ryan Sullivan has ever known … but much, much sweeter, too.” (-)
7. The Wild Ones by M. Leighton: “Cami Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was pretty happy with her boyfriend, her life & her future. But that was before she met Patrick Henley.” (5)
8. The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle: ” It’s been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved. Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart.” (9)
9. Her Best Friend’s Brother by T.J. Dell: “Libby has been in love with Tony Marchetti since she was seven years old. The problem? Tony is her best friend’s older brother. Lately Tony has started looking at her in a new way and he emails her all the time.” (3)
10. Crash by Nicole Williams: “Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble.” (-)
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for Week of September 3, 2012
1. Summers at Blue Lake by Jill Althouse-Wood
2. His Every Desire by Kelly Favor
3. Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes
4. Let Me Be The One by Bella Andre
5. Anything He Wants 2: All’s Fair by Sara Fawkes
6. Safe Harbor by Antoinette Stockenberg
7. Anything He Wants 4: Collateral Damage by Sara Fawkes
8. Anything He Wants 3: Love and War by Sara Fawkes
9. Sarah’s Surrender by Lynda Chance
10. No Take Backs: A Taken Novella by Kelli Maine
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for Week of September 3, 2012
1. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
2. Chasing Dragonflies by Michele Naughton
3. If by Sweety Bothra
4. The Judas Alliance: Aegis Arises by Elizabeth Ann Gardner
5. The Beast Within by Matt Hults
6. Circle of Dreams by Linda McNabb
7. Rebirth by Rodger Carr
8. The Dex-Files by Karina Halle
9. The Secret Australian Animals Club by John Champion
10. Fallen Angel by Matthew L Williams
These three eBook lists were recorded on Tuesday, September 4, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)