Novelist J.C. Reed took the top spot on our Self-Published Bestsellers List with Treasure Your Love.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of October 21, 2013
1. Treasure Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, was never in love until she met the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god, Jett. The man to whom she surrendered. The man who hurt her once only to conquer her heart again.”
2. Sweet Surrendering by Chelsea M. Cameron: “When Rory Clarke ends up hiring the guy she spent one steamy night with to be her administrative assistant, she’s determined to keep things professional.”
3. Love is All Around by Helen Scott Taylor: “a box set of contemporary romance stories”
4. Beat of the Heart by Katie Ashley: “After years of bad relationships and a cheating ex-fiancé, twenty-eight-year-old Mia Martinelli prefers healing her patients’ hearts on the Cardiac Care floor rather than risking having her heart broken again.”
5. Maybe This Time by Chantal Fernando: “Moving in with my half-brother Xander, I had no idea what to expect. But nothing could have prepared me for this.”
6. Long After by Cheryl McIntyre: “For Annie Phillips, there is a right way to do things and everything has a place. College and her flawless GPA are top priority, as is planning her perfect future.”
7. Sweet Home by Tillie Cole: “when Molly leaves England’s grey skies behind to start a new life at the University of Alabama, she finds that she has a lot to learn—she didn’t know a summer could be so hot and she certainly didn’t know just how much the folks of Alabama love their football.”
8. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
9. A Shade Of Vampire by Bella Forrest: “On the evening of Sofia Claremont’s 17th birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.”
10. 3:AM Kisses by Addison Moore: “Baya Brighton is looking forward to her first year at Whitney Briggs University, new friends, dorm life, and finally being close to her brother again.”
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of October 21, 2013
2. Taken by Jordan Silver
6. The Great Convergence by Joseph Lallo
7. Saving Dallas Making the Cut by Kim Jones
10. Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan
These eBook lists were recorded on October 22, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. The Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.