Are you worried that digital books will ruin your favorite independent bookstore?
Google will end its digital book reseller program for independent bookstores this month, but you can fill up your new tablet or mobile device with eBooks from indie bookshops with a few simple steps.
If you have a Kobo eReading device or a Kobo eReading app for your device, you can buy eBooks through your favorite independent bookstore. Below, we’ve collected steps on how to buy eBooks from an indie bookstore.
How To Buy eBooks Through Your Local Bookstore with Kobo
1. Visit the list of bookstores participating in the Kobo eReading program and find your local independent bookseller.
2. Find the eBook catalog on your favorite indie bookstore’s site.
3. Find the digital book you want to buy & click the buy button.
4. This will take you to Kobo’s website, where the actual transaction will occur. Every independent bookstore has its own storefront.
5. Log into your Kobo account (or create a new one) so you can make a purchase.
6. Download the Kobo eReading app for your device and start reading!
Here are some QR Code Tools for Booksellers, Authors & Publishers–easy ways to share digital books.
Green Apple Books co-owner Pete Mulvihill also shared tips on how How Independent Bookstores Can Use eBooks.